To connect to the Internet, use a compatible Wi-Fi network.
Step 1: Check if Wi-Fi is connected
- Turn on your Chromebook.
- Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
- If your Chromebook is connected to a network, you'll see the "Wi-Fi on" icon . You don’t need to complete the next step.
- If your Chromebook can’t connect, you'll see the "Wi-Fi off" icon . Turn on your Wi-Fi in the next step.
Step 2: Turn on Wi-Fi
If you see the Wi-Fi off icon , turn on your Wi-Fi:
- Click the Wi-Fi off icon .
- Click No network.
- Click Turn Wi-Fi on… or the Enable Wi-Fi icon .
- Your Chromebook will automatically look for available networks and show them to you in a list.
Step 3: Pick a network and connect
After you turn on your Wi-Fi, your Chromebook will look for a network to connect to. Here are some ways you can connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi: